Thursday, June 10, 2010

Morning Walk
(Connecting with Nature...)

Stepping out of the home,
To be greeted with cool breeze and silent music,
And to be drenched in the dim brightness of the dawn
With my ‘self’ as company to talk
I start on my morning walk.

As I walk,
The movement of my feet and hands
Rhythms with music of early birds’ band

I see people- pot-bellied, pear-shaped, apple-shaped
Men with reducing mane
In the ‘serious’ business of walking
Couples with wrinkled face, gray hair and four eyes
Moving forward with baby steps and talking.

The sound of muezzin's call for prayer from a mosque
And ringing bells and drums from a temple
Reverberate in the silence of the street
And awaken me to this morning treat.

I swim in the brightness of the rising sun
With splashes of cool breeze
In silence of the lonely street
I drown in this ecstasy
As Nature and I merge into one.

Feeling fresh and energized,
Towards home, I head my way
To begin yet another great day!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?